Monday, March 25, 2024

Ārpus Peanut Butter Vanilla Coffee Imperial Stout

 Ārpus Peanut Butter Vanilla Coffee Imperial Stout.

12% ABV, Ārpus Brewing, Latvia. 


Question: Have I ever had a Latvian beer before? Unsure. Maybe not. Other question: have I ever had a Latvian Peanut Butter Vanilla Coffee Imperial Stout before? Highly unlikely. Let’s do it. 

Fully ebony, complete opacity, large and inviting brown ring of foam.

In the nose: boom! PB…and there’s vanilla…coffee’s coming along.

In the mouth: starts out rich, sweet, delicious. Overly sweet? Possible. No, I like it just how it is. Nearly full bodied, and spectacularly packed with flavor. All the flavors are in harmony, with pb and vanilla shiny brightest. 

It’s cool that Latvian brewers are making beers like this, and they’re coming over here. Craft beer is a world wide phenomenon. Was it worth the $9 for the can? (Before my employee discount.) I’d say yes. I don’t spend $9 a can often, but Latvian Peanut Butter Vanilla Coffee Imperial Stout? C’mon!

No comments: