Sunday, June 16, 2019

Wild Mind Registered Trademark DDH DIPA

Wild Mind Registered Trademark DDH DIPA. Collaboration with Drastic Measures (Brett Doebbeling, formerly of Disgruntled).
8.3 % ABV. Amarillo, Citra, Ekuanaut, El Dorado, Mosaic, and Simcoe,
Brewed & Canned in Minneapolis, MN, by Wild Mind Artisan Ales. Drink Fresh. Filled: 5/16.

So, this beer came out some time ago, and I regretted not being there the day it was released or every day since. It's really been nagging on me. Today wasn't even the plan, but I changed it, to go to Wild Mind, and lo, and behold, the beer was still on tap. I peeked into the bottle/crowler/merch room. Crowlers still exist?!? My lucky day, calloo, callay!

I talked to one of the bartenders about this, and the theory went: "you know, everyone's on to the next new thing." "Yeah, but," I mused aloud, " to the expense of this beer sitting around for a month?" Does it mean that the loyal customers of WM stop caring about taking this beer home, or the feeding frenzy of beer geeks in the Twin Cities at large stop caring? Are they only chasing after cans? No interest in crowlers at taprooms? Or just that this place is not high on the radar? Places like Modist and Dangerous Man sell out of their special releases in a matter of hours. Is it a matter of quantity, or, again, that elusive "it" factor, where those breweries, by their reputations, elicit such a response, but despite all the best efforts of Wild Mind and Drastic Measures (with the pedigree of Disgruntled), they can't cause a sell out?

So, truth be told, I don't really give a damn. I'm glad the beer is still around, and that I could still get some. In fact, I really should go back and get more. I hate hype. And I love a beer as good as this. I had two at the taproom tonight, and I'm opening this up right now!

Highly hazed, bright golden color, large and lasting ivory head.

In the nose: Soft, citrusy, slightly spicy. A touch tropical. Nicely hoppy.

In the mouth: Blast of bitterness kicks it off, then comes the fruit, stone and citrus. Apricot, peach, orange and lemon. Creamy and smooth, while fruity and lightly bitter, fully flavored. Right on the money, this one. The kids these days, they love the DDH, and if it's a DIPA, all the better, right?
Juicy, bitter, dry. Nicely drinkable. Yum, a dum, dum.

in collaboration with Drastic Measures, Registered Trademark is a double IPA that was brewed with 2-row, malted oats and flaked wheat and HEAVILY hopped in the whirlpool and dry-hop stages with Amarillo®, Citra®, Ekuanot®, El Dorado®, Mosaic®, and Simcoe®. Like, really heavily hopped with Amarillo®, Citra®, Ekuanot®, El Dorado®, Mosaic®, and Simcoe®.


Lot of Registered Trademarks there.





No comments: