Saturday, June 29, 2019

Sisyphus Replay IPA #4

Sisyphus Replay IPA #4.
8.1 % ABV. 38 IBU.
Sisyphus Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

Lightly hazed, bright golden hued, slim white head.

In the nose: Sweetness. Fruit. Citrus. Pulpy. Tangy. Nice.

In the mouth: Sweet hits first, right there with the fruity. Bitterness lays low. Just a little buzz. All the rest is clean, smooth, delicious. Gets so close to the way I like an IPA to be, and getting very near how every one else prefers them these days. Tons of citrus and tropical fruit tones, very easy on the palate, drinkable as she goes. Flat out delish.

I picked this one up at the brewery a week and a half ago. 6/19/19, as the label tells me. Wait, that's not right. Should be 6/17. Must be marker smudge. Anyway, it's fairly brand new, and only 19 other people on Untappd have had it. That's a strangely small number. Sisyphus is a popular enough place that their IPAs should get more samplings amongst the Untappd users. Whatever. No biggie.

But I thought I'd poll their opinions, as I sometimes do, whenever the mood strikes me.

Jonathan: "Eh."

Ric D: "Refreshing Non-bitter IPA."

Droo L: "Tastes like pickles at the end."

Danny Boy: "Adorable."

Man, I've got to get together a tasting panel with these four guys. Gonna be a baller night. And you know, Droo L may have something there. Maybe I'm getting some pickles, too. He may not be wrong.

Damn. Pickles. Why don't I talk about pickles more often?

No comments: