Thursday, June 20, 2019

Stiegl Grapefruit Radler

Stiegl Grapefruit Radler.
2 % ABV. 8 IBU.
Stiegl Brewery, Salzburg, Austria

I've reviewed ciders, hard seltzers, and who knows how many other variations on beer. What's wrong with a radler? At least it's partially beer. This is one of the more well-known radlers on the market, but they don't all have to be grapefruit. They do have to be soda and beer combined, fruit is optional.

Highly hazed, bright golden color, slim white head.

In the nose: Grapefruit. And soda. What else do you need?

In the mouth: Brisk, high carbonation, sweetness and tart. Light and refreshing. Go drink one or two in the summer heat. I wouldn't blame you.

According to my research, I last had this three years ago. However, search as I might, it has not appeared in the Nib until now. The new, improved Bitter Nib: now with radlers!

No comments: