Friday, July 3, 2015

Town Hall Pursuit of Happiness Blueberry Amber Ale

See, what they did there? Red, white, and ...blueberry? Get it?

Now, on to #3. What's what it looked like when I had it last night:

And here's what I originally wrote about it in July of 2005:An American amber ale, with blueberry essence added, filling in for hops, they say... 

Clear, coppery amber color, good, thick, creamy-toned head, disappears nearly instantly. 

Big aroma, projecting the fruit far and wide, from the moment the cap is removed. Blueberries, blueberries, blueberries, yum, yum, yum...nothin' but. 

TAste: smooth, and sweet, malt-dominated, with the fruit mingled in every swallow. Medium-bodied, with a light, dry finish. Very easy to drink, and a friend to all who favor fruit beers. 

Finishes the revolutionary troika of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, "Red", "White" and "Blue" beers, celebrating American Beer Month in July. An interesting idea, well executed. 

...although, as I finished my second pint, I eyed my neighbor's Masala Mama with envy...

No comments: