Friday, July 17, 2015

Sisyphus BA Wild Brown Ale


Sisyphus Barrel-aged Wild Brown. 7.7% ABV. 67 IBU. Date: 7/6. And some other scribbles, something something, then /63. Huh.

Ever the jokesters, Sam & company at Sisyphus have wax-dipped their can growlers (crawlers) for the anniversary celebration. Someone asked me why, what purpose does the wax serve. Well, none, but neither does wax-dipping enhance bottles. It's all for show. Why not show it off on a can?

Appearance: dark brown coloring, with ruby highlights. Creamy tan head, slim ring that drifts down to nil.

Aroma: Wild and funky. Red wine barrel characteristics. Vinous, let's say, with notes of cherries and berries. Chocolate notes lurk just below.

Taste: Dark malt notes hit first, cocoa and raisins pop up, then the rich barrel-aged wine characteristics, and the twist of funkaliciousness. What a weird, wild, wonderful thing this is. Beautiful blended weird, wild, wonderfulness.  Not quite full bodied, smooth and tasty. A treat, for sure.

I don't know everything about this beer. What kind of barrel? Red wine, I think. What kind of wild yeast? Brett, I think. But, maybe I'm wrong? I'm sure I'll find some answers soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Barrels were from panther distillery.