Thursday, August 31, 2017

Deux Amis: Brasserie Dupont / The Lost Abbey Collaboration Saison

Deus Amis, "Two Friends", collaboration between California's The Lost Abbey and Belgium's Brasserie Dupont.

A little bit ago, I had a friend over for some beers, and what would be a more appropriate ale to share than this one. Because I had company, my notes were very different. If I'm with someone, whether just one on one or in a group, I tend to avoid taking notes, or if I do, they're don't tend to be complete sentences. I jotted things down while conversing and I will share those notes with you, though they wouldn't be the same if I'd been bereft of company. And so what. You'll get the gist, which is: you. go. drink this, too, with your friend. Oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself...

So, it's an Ameircan/Belgian Saison Ale, bottle conditioned, unfiltered, brewed and bottled by brss. Support , Tourpes, Belgium, Product of Belgium, A collaboration of the Lost Abbey Brewery and Brasserie Dupont. The images of Tomme Arthur and Olivier Dedecker grace the top of the label, logos of both breweries flank the side. And there's a whole lot of verbiage on the back that I will not type out for you.

Hazy, straw yellow, great fluffy white head.

There's the funk, the barnyard, the horse blanket, ah, flat-out ah.....

In the mouth: Sunny, citrus-y, lushly malty, lovely hoppiness, tantalizing the tongue, absolutely delicious. Scratch that. Gorgeous. Funky, fresh, beautiful.

This was one of the very best beers I've had lately.
 Here's a little more info I found online: French for “Two Friends,” Deux Amis brings together two esteemed brewers who have long admired each other’s work – Olivier Dedeycker, the fourth generation Brew Master of world-renowned Dupont Brewery and four time GABF Brewer of the Year,Tomme Arthur of California’s Lost Abbey Brewery. Deux Amis has the trademark flavor of Dupont’s signature peppery yeast accentuated with vibrant notes of tropical fruit all balanced by aromatic hints of clove and pine. It makes the perfect companion to spicy cuisines, stir-fries, fresh fish and bright, citrus-y marinades. 

No comments: