Thursday, September 27, 2018

Vander Mill Ginger Peach Hard Cider

Here we have just the first of many Michigan ciders from Vander Mill brought to me by the sample man. I swear I will get through all the ciders samples in the fridge, mark my words. Maybe I'll even order some, one fine day.

Vander Mill Ginger Peach Hard Cider. Produced and bottled (or, actually, canned) by Vander Mill, Spring Lake, MI. 6.9% ABV.

Crystal clear, light yellow, no head.

In the nose: ginger butts in first, followed by apple. Any peach yet? Oh, there we go.

In the mouth: Light, refreshing, slightly spicy and lightly fruity. Peach is more apparent on the palate. Crisp-ish, increasingly peachy. It's nice. Go drink it, it's tasty stuff.

A refreshing balance of bright ginger bite and peach sweetness, neither of which will over power your face. Pair it with food, or crush it on its own, this cider is clean and crisp from start to finish.



I believe that this one will be "crushed on it's own", the next beverage will be paired with dinner. And the age of not drinking, but crushing, is in full effect.

No comments: