Friday, May 26, 2023

Warpigs Divine Huntress Weizen Doppelbock

 Warpigs Divine Huntress Weizen Doppelbock.


8.4% ABV, 24 IBU. Warpigs Brewing USA, Munster, IN. 

Next to a good ol’ doppelbock, I love a good ol’ weizenbock. I hope this is a good one. 

Clouded, fully opaque, crimson-tinted, nearly russet hued, slim white head above.

In the nose: banana hits first and hardest, sweet and malty below. Clove? A little. Utterly delightful. 

In the mouth: smooth, lush, more malty, more sweet, but well balanced and beautiful. Banana flavor stays on top and I’m enjoying it. Medium bodied, easily consumable, just about scrumpdiddlyumptious. You heard me. 

I love a good Weizenbock, and this is surely one. 

A Weizen Doppelbock featuring aromas of banana with hints of clove and vanilla, this German-style Ale has a full-bodied mouthfeel with a creamy and dry finish. 

No comments: