Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Outstate Backroad Hazy IPA

 So, I made a New Year’s Resolution to clean out the fridge of beers and also review them all. Even the hazy IPAs, you ask? Well, maybe not all of them, but I have to include one that may have been brewed by my nephew Shawn. He gave it to Nikki, who gave it to me, back in June. That’s too long to sit on it, but I’ve been sitting on others longer. We’ll get to them soon. 

For now, Outstate Backroad Hazy IPA. 


6.5 % ABV, 33 IBU. Outstate Brewing, Fergus Falls, Minnesota. 

Minor haze, just barely. Bright golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: soft and citrusy, some melon, a touch of tropical. Nicely hoppy.

In the mouth: slightly sweet and smooth. Mild bitterness. Just enough. Light bodied and easy drinking

Not too hazy, this one, with just enough IPA character for me to like it. Enough citrus zest and hoppy buzz to keep the palate happy. 

DDH with Citra, Azacca, Cashmere and Cryo Citra hops. 

No comments: