Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Barrel Theory TV Trays West Coast India Pale Ale

 Barrel Theory TV Trays West Coast India Pale Ale with Chinook, Citra T-90, + Simcoe Hops. 


6.8 % ABV, Barrel Theory Brewing, St. Paul, MN.

To start, it’s thick and cloudy, not a characteristic of a West Coast IPA. Not a smidge of clarity. Golden hued, white head. 

Now, aroma: citrusy, orange and lemon, but muted, not bursting with hop flavors. Murky.

In the mouth: this tastes like any other hazy, lacks crispness, clarity, bold hop flavor, Too fuzzy, no bitterness, doesn’t pop. 

Okay, some bitterness comes through, but this murk is inexcusable. The last so-called West Coast from this brewery was decent…what happened? 

I’ll finish it, but I feel bamboozled. Which only makes sense if I paid for it. 

Edit: I checked pics on Untapped and I must have been given a different beer. 

No comments: