Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dave's BrewFarm Triple Dave


Dave's BrewFarm Triple Dave. 9.6% ABV. I'll give you the info later on, let's just get in here and drink it.

Lovely golden hued body, smallish head, soon gone.

Aroma, sharp, sweet and strong. Hints of honey and fruit. Citrus and banana. Big time malt.

Tasting it: once again, sweetness, a trifle sharp, and boom-shaka-boom, high alcohol. Not over the top, but readily apparent. Smooth, despite the strength, delectable and enticing. Getting more and more easy-drinking, even while the booze swims in and fills me up. Oats and wheat contribute to this, I'm sure. Yum, even creamy a little bit.

"An ode to Triple Karmeliet and inspired by one of our favorite Daves. Pils, Dark Munich, and Wheat malts coupled with flaked barley, oats and wheat. Golding and Saaz hops, grains of paradise and orange peel."

No coriander, though, Dave doesn't do coriander. This is in no way a TK clone, just a BrewFarm interpretation that's a bit stronger, richer, and bolder. Luscious, juicy malt character is an extra added plus. I said yum once, I'll say it twice, now I'm saying I'm saying it thrice. If I say it three times, it is true.

2 comments:

Randall Baum said...

Where can you buy this in the Twin Cities?

Al McCarty said...

Nowhere. Only at the BrewFarm in Wilson, WI.