Sunday, August 11, 2019

Inbound BrewCo Vienna Lager

Inbound BrewCo Vienna Lager.
5.1 % ABV. 24 IBU.
Inbound BrewCo, Minneapolis, MN.

You know, as much as I derail and the decry the pasty ales and lagers, the milkshake crap, the DDH NE IPAs flooding the market, every now and then there's a Vienna lager, and it's about time I drank it.

Clear, amber hued, slim white head.

In the nose: light, grainy, malty, slightly sweet.

In the mouth: Crisp, clean, refreshing. Sweet and malty. Light bodied, excellent in balance and drinkability, with malt sweetness lingering on the palate. Perfect for a day like today and perfect for the pizza.

Just a good ol' Vienna lager, and there ain't nothing wrong with that. Which I purchased because I'd never had it (though something tells me I got a sample bottle once, long ago) and it was on sale. It's not the sort of thing I normally pick up, but damn, if it isn't nice to drink.

So, pardon me, while I open up another IPA, and don't call me a hypocrite if it's yet another DDH NE, because that's all that's out there anymore.

A crisp, clean lager made exclusively with German malts. This beer is malt-forward, utterly refreshing, and a perfect pairing with giant pretzels and a second pint of the same.


No comments: