Sunday, August 4, 2019

Samuel Smith's Pure Brewed Organic Lager Beer

Samuel Smith's Pure Brewed Organic Lager Beer.
5 % ABV. Samuel Smith's Old Brewery, Tadcaster, Yorkshire, England.

Well, what do you know, even Samuel Smith's is canning their beers, now. This is not the first one I've had, though. I was also presented with a sample of their Nut Brown Ale. I'd done a post on that one back in 2014. I've since used a photo of the canned beer to replace the terrible pic of the bottle from 5 years ago. I'm doing a lot of that lately. Some of, many of, those old pics I'm not proud of. Back then, I didn't care as much. It's the words that matter, dammit, the pic is just an illustration! I've come around some, now that iPhone cameras are better. And now that I've got a dedicate spot to take them, away from background clutter.

On the subject of Samuel Smith's, I'm dismayed at this is only the eighth beer of theirs represented in the Nib. Where's the pale ale, the IPA, the porter, one of my all-time favorites. The other missing ones are fruit beers, and a cider, which are low priorities for me. But as for those others, I've got to get on.
But back to this beer:

Crystal clear, bright golden color, slim white head.

In the nose: Grainy, lightly malt, slightly sweet, classic lager aromatics. Low hops. Pretty nice.

In the mouth: Just a little more sweet on the palate, mostly malty. Clean, crisp(-ish), light bodied. Tasty stuff. Good organic lager and you can drink it.

Brewed with great care using only organic malted barley, organic hops, medium-soft water and a bottom-fermenting yeast; matured at low temperatures to bring out its delicate flavour and soft hop-character finish. 

The cold maturation period allows the bottom-fermenting yeasts to secondary ferment and improve this lager’s flavour, purity and condition.

Best served at about 44°F (7°C).
Vegan Beers and Cider

Ingredients • Water, organic malted barley, yeast, organic hops.

Registered with The Vegan Society; suitable for vegans and vegetarians

No comments: