Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Lupulin Fashion Mullet India Pale Ale

Lupulin Fashion Mullet India Pale Ale.
6.5 % ABV, 60 IBU.
Brewed by Lupulin Brewing, Big Lake, MN.

Hazy, bright golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: Bold citrus notes popping out. A little murky in the mix, but still a vibrant, hoppy IPA aroma.

In the mouth: Bursting with hoppy deliciousness from the start. Grapefruit, orange, and lemon. Gets to juicy, then dry, but never quite bitter.  Which I miss, but that's me. It almost gets to the bitter hoppy edge that I want to go to, but veers off into juicy/hazy land. It's a trip, and I can dig it.

I declare this not merely yum, but yum-a-dum-dum.

Lupulin keeps putting out tasty IPAs that I can't help but enjoy.

West Coast IPA with East Coast influences. Huge Simcoe and Citra punch. Hops: Columbus, Falconer Flight, Simcoe, Citra. Malts: Pale Ale, Carapils, Honey. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Bitter Nib,
I too miss bitter in the IPAs, a la bucket o' rusty nails bitter.
Do you know of any currently out there that are on the bitter side that you would recommend?
I'm at pnjoneal@yahoo.com if you do.

Thank you,
PAtrick