Sunday, March 21, 2021

Summit Triumphant Session IPA

Summit Triumphant Session IPA.

95 Cals, 3.5 Carbs, 4.0% Alc/Vol. Summit Brewing Company, St. Paul. 

Now, here we have the sort of beer I would not normally purchase on my own. I tend to do just fine making a session out of regular IPAs. (Once in a while, I find myself making a session of drinking double IPAs, but I don't recommend the practice to everyone. Not even to myself.) And low calorie beers don't do much for me. But, enough people spoke highly of it, and no one was just going to give me a sample. Luckily, there were some cans on the singles shelf at work, so I dropped two bucks for the chance to give it a whirl. 

Clear, bright goldens, slim white head. 

In the nose: bursting with citrus and pine. Orange, lime and grapefruit.

In the mouth: there it is again, on the palate, all that bold, brash happiness. Lighter malt, leaner body, swiftly diminished finish. Leaves the palate of a quickness, but the flavor remains. Returns anew with each fresh sip. 

This delivers a lot of flavor, but the weak body is a turn-off. I know why others would turn to it, and for that, I am glad it exists. 

At Summit, we believe in celebrating everyday accomplishments, especially with a beer in hand. That’s why we brewed up our Triumphant Session IPA, the beer everyone can cheers to. Hopped in flavor, but not calories or carbs, Triumphant is a low-calorie, low-carb beer clocking in at 95 calories, 3.5g of carbs and 4% ABV per 12oz serving. With tropical notes of pineapple, grapefruit and apricot and balanced bitterness, this brew has all taste of a traditional IPA with a fraction of the ABV. Flavors of bread-crust and sweet citrus lead to a clean, bitter finish. It is the Beer for the Triumphant™.

{Year-Round Release}

Alcohol by Volume: 4.0%

IBUs: 40

Original Gravity: 8ºP

Color: Deep Gold (7L)

Hops: UK Golding, Cascade

Malts: Minch Norton Hook Head Pale Malt, US Pale Malt, Malted Wheat, Dark Crystal, Carafoam, Victory

Kettle Additions: Dry hopped using Cascade, Amarillo Azacca & experimental hops

Yeast: Ale

Established: 2020

No comments: