Thursday, January 12, 2012

RedHook Pilsner


RedHook Pilsner. "May Not Look It, but Has A Dark Side." (What the hell does that mean?) 5.3% Alc./Vol. 

I haven't had any RedHook in ages. They stopped meaning anything to me a long, long time ago. Now, apparently, they have 3 breweries. Did not know that. 
Glad I got some samples from the sample man, this time one with RedHook and Widmer samples. Good thing, I don't think I would have purchased a 6'er of this on my own. 

So let's look at it. Clear and golden, effervescent, snow-white head.

Clean, malty aromatics, some hops, cereal notes. Note perfect pilsner nose.

Taste: crystal clear and clean. Light body. Small hop blitz, gone in no time, revealing a sweet malt profile, ending dry. Dry and ever-s0-slightly bitter. 
They pitched it perfectly. Not so bad.

But, where was that "dark side", again?

No comments: