Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dangerous Man Chocolate Milk Stout


Dangerous Man Chocolate Milk Stout.

Black as black, under a creamy, lacy tan head, looking beautiful  and inviting.

Aroma: cocoa and cream, smooth and subtle, sweet and lovely.

Taste: Here it comes, chocolate, the cream, the sweet, the smooth, the lush and the utterly delightful. Easy-drinking all the way, while full-bodied, a serious stout. The combination of the chocolate and the milk is so ingenious it makes you wonder why it isn't done more often. I can't say it hasn't before, but I've never heard of one. Chocolate stout? Yes. Milk Stout? Yes. Chocolate milk stout? Maybe not as much.

One thing this is for certain is, I believe I am using the correct term here…yum. Very yum. Deee-licious. Small bitterness, just enough. Good texture, good play on the palate, good goodness all around. Solid brew, and just tasty as heck, all around.

Hey, what do they say about this at Dangerous Man? "Chocolate Milk Stout, 6.3% ABV., 24 IBU. A smooth, medium-bodied stout with a strong chocolate flavor. The large lactose addition leaves this beer a tad sweet. If you like chocolate malts, this beer is for you. Take home a growler and try with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!"


Here's Jason Sowards, brewer and owner of Harriet Brewing, talking with Dangerous Man himself, Rob Miller, who's actually a pussycat.
You know what? I don't have any ice cream, but I'm going out to the grocery store tomorrow for some so that I can do that very thing….if I can stop myself from drinking the whole thing tonight.

No comments: