Monday, June 9, 2014

Dogfish Head Burton Baton

Bought this one yesterday in Hudson, WI., sharing notes from April, 2005, from a bottle received in trade:


Lookin' at it... a hazed deep orange, with a fullish, creamy head capping it.

Aroma: ahhh!!! that's my favorite aroma right there, in the first sniff...tropical fruits, banana and mango, peach and citrus, a truly beautiful mix, a gorgeous blend....so far, this is just what I'd desire in an uber-IPA, and I haven't even tasted it...

Oh, delicious...fullness of body, richness of flavor, dominant fruit, minor, relatively, bitterness, yumm...I can taste the whiskey flavor, from the oak-aging, I can get that character...and it's amazingly flavorful, with vanilla and oak twisting into the mix, what a wicked concoction...

If I had a 10-gallon hat, it would be off in honor of this immaculate creation.

No comments: