Monday, November 17, 2014

Stone Go To IPA


Stone Go To IPA, a Vibrant, Hop-bursted Session IPA. Ale-Brewed and Bottled by Stone Brewing Company, Escondido, San Diego County, CA. 4.5% Alc./Vol. Enjoy Fresh.

Appearance: Lightly hazy, bright golden hue, slim white head.

Aroma: As advertised, very vibrant and utterly bursting with hops. Bold and bright citrus and pine. Ah, so nice.

Taste: More of that big, fierce and shining hop flavor, with just enough juicy malt below. Lean bodied, with a dominant buzz of hop bitterness. Drinkable, yes, also refreshing and tasty, too. It's good beer, and I can drink it, but…just doesn't thrill me. I really don't desire the session IPA. I like the regular ones just fine, thank you very much. Faced with the choice of this or a regular Stone IPA, I know where I'm going.

This one is merely "okay", and that's not what I expect out of Stone. Low on my priorities.

No comments: