Saturday, April 4, 2015

Evil Twin I Love You With My Stout Imperial Stout


Evil Twin I Love You With My Stout Imperial Stout, 12 fl. oz., 12% ALC BY VOL. Brewed by Evil Twin Brewing, Stanford, CT.

Appearance: full-on ebony, under a tight ring of cocoa-tan head, Looking good.

Aroma: espresso and chocolate greet the nose first, then rich, dark malt, dried fruits,  hints of vanilla and toasted coconut.

Taste: Richness and depth. Dark chocolate, raisins, molasses. Full-bodied, long, bittersweet malty finish. A little bit of black pepper, a portion of plums, and a lot of rich roastiness. Flash flood on the palate of roasted malt, struck with sweetness.

I like this. Don't love it, though. Could definitely be drier. I paid $12.99 for a 4-pack. If I'd went for the tried and true familiar favorites like Old Rasputin or Sierra Nevada Narwhal, I'd have saved four dollars. But, you know me, I've got to try them all.

Let's read the label, shall we? "When I copied the famous Even More Jesus, I had to ask myself as an artist, why am I doing this? I didn't honestly know, it was just an instinct about beer as pure form…in a sense this stout is a metaphor for freedom. The sum of all the beauty that surrounds me and my perfect contemporary existence."--Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergso, brewer and founder, Evil Twin Brewing.

What? (Seriously, if you know what any of that means, let me know.)

No comments: