Monday, April 8, 2019

Sisyphus NE Replay IPA

Sisyphus NE-style Replay IPA. 7 % ABV. 80 IBU. Sisyphus Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

A handful of weeks back, Sisyphus released an India Pale Ale called Replay, yet another beer named after a pinball term. I tried it, and I liked it, but I didn't take home a crowler and enter notes here. On my latest visit, what do we have but an NE IPA version, and this is the one I will drink and write about now.

Lightly hazed, bright golden color, large and lasting ivory head.

In the nose: Bright, lively, citrusy, slightly sweet. Delightfully fruity.

In the mouth: Brilliant blasts of bitterness from the start, flashes of fruit, bursts of citrus and pine. Medium bodied, easy-drinking and every inch pleasant. Bits of sweet berries in the mix. Flat our delicious, this. Quite a treat. I'm not sure how "NE" it is, how "pillowy", etc., but it doesn't matter. Damned tasty. I'll return to it again and again.

This beer is scientifically proven to help you get more replays on our pinball games. Look for this beer to keep coming back again and again with different hop variations.

No comments: