Monday, August 2, 2021

Junkyard Basement Business 2020 Barleywine in Rye Whiskey Barrels

Junkyard Basement Business 2020 Barleywine in Rye Whiskey Barrels. Aged in Willett Rye Whiskey Barrels. 


12.7 % ABV. Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 

Clear, bright ruby coloring, slim head. 

In the nose: Sweet and malty, Cherry and vanilla, oak flavors, whiskey aplenty. Lightly burnt. Leather and fruit. So much of muchness. 

In the mouth: Dark fruits. Grape, plum, fig, with an edge of brandy. Brisk and brilliant. Full in the mouth, long, rich, ridiculously rewarding finish. Little bit of spicy character rolling on top the whiskey flavors. So very wonderful. 

God damn, this is pretty near perfect. I've been sitting on this for nearly a year, I think, and I wish I had bought another. I need one bottle to write about, and wish I had another to share with friends some day. This is definitely one that can keep for years and years and years. 

Final verdict: Certified Yum a dum dum. 

Aromas begin with notes of golden raisin and orange zest. Flavors of raisin, fig, and bourbon are complimented by an overall warming spice.

No comments: