Monday, February 20, 2023

Drekker Flizzard Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout


 Drekker Flizzard Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout With ice cream, Oreos, cacao nibs, and milk sugar. 

12.5 % ABV, Drekker Brewing, Fargo, North Dakota. 

Here he have a beer that I would never have purchased on my own. The price is usually prohibitive and the ingredients go against my principles. But my nephew brought it to Christmas and gave it to me, so I suppose that I had better drink it. 

Full on ebony, complete opacity, tight brown ring.

In the nose: cocoa and cookies, dark chocolate, fudge. Whispers of crème filling. Hints of nougat. So much richness.

In the mouth: more richness, more depth, more chocolate explosion on the palate. Not sure how ice cream contributes to anything, it’s a gimmicky additive, if nothing else. Why use it? 

Full body, full flavor, loads of deep delights. And cookies! Yay! Cookies…whee!


Oreo®️ Flizzard is the first of what will be a whole series of stupidly fun Flizzard stouts. This one was built on a blended base stout from some of our favorite barrels, and conditioned on ice cream, oreos, and milk sugar.

I will now shut up and….just drink…

No comments: