Thursday, February 2, 2023

Mikerphone Step Into the Freezer Cold India Pale

 


Mikerphone Step Into the Freezer Cold India Pale Ale.

6.5% ABV. Mikerphone Brewing, Elk Grove Village, Illinois.

Here we go. A cold IPA. Do I like them now? Let’s find out. 

Crystal clear, bright yellow color, slim white head.

In the nose: lightly spicy/citrusy hop notes, a whiff of malt. Not really digging this part. 

In the mouth: minor bitterness. Light bodied. Grainy. Crisp and clean. Hop flavors sizzle slightly on the palate. Lacks overall in the flavor department.

This cold IPA stuff? I don’t get ‘em. They barely resemble an IPA. The rice factor doesn’t appeal to me at all. 

At least I didn’t pay for this one. As with hazies, I’m pretty sure I’ll never put my own money down on one of these. It’s a fad style I’ll be staying away from. 

No comments: