Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bud Light

You know what's amazing? Looking at statistics, the king of page-views in the history of this blog is my review of Bud Light Platinum, which was nearing 500 "looks" since the last time I checked. (Who knows how many of them were "reads"?)Why did that many people read my review of that beer? Why don't half that many check out the reviews of beers I like, and highly recommend? And how did that many find it? I've checked and checked, and can't find a link, or anything. Well, word must go around.

So, to see if there's something out in the universe that leads internet perusers to glance at my words about Anheuser-Busch products, here is my review of Bud Light, from November of 2003. Here come the notes...

Bud Light, American Light Lager, 4.2% ABV, 27 IBU. Anheuser-Busch, a wholly owned subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, St. Louis, Missouri and countless other locations.


What I am about to do now is true anomaly in the realm of this beer. I am going to open it, and pour it...into a glass. Really, this must happen once every 10,000,000 times this beer is consumed.

Color is a nothingness that yearns to be a thin, wan yellow shade, but can't quite do it. Well, I can see my hand on the other side of the glass, so that means it's a "real beer", right?

Aroma: too nice a word to use. "Stink" delivers more meaning. Ricey and sweet and sickly and sad, sharp and unpleasant.
Good head, though.

Taste? Again, that's not what they have in mind when they brew this, but I'll see what I can find...I can only wince, with every sip, so maybe I shouldn't be sipping. How about if I gulp it down? Hey, that didn't hurt at all! It went all the way down my throat, and soon it'll leave the opposite way. Didn't leave a trace through it's travels.

If one samples this, and attempts to examine it, it's nothing but repulsive. Throw them back by the caseful, the way they want you to, and it's another utterly meaningless exercise in mass consumption.
Water tastes a Hell of a lot better, and is cheaper, too!

Clearly, not brewed with the likes of me in mind, but hey, if you enjoy draining bottles and cans of nothingness down your gullet, be my guest.
--------------------

Nearly nine years ago, I thought this had a "good head". Not this time. And I rate it even lower now. It's not horribly tasting, it's just not...tasting.

Bud Light is brewed using a blend of premium aroma hop varieties, both American-grown and imported, and a combination of barley malts and rice. Its superior drinkability and refreshing flavor makes it the world’s favorite light beer.


No comments: