Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Boulevard 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat Ale

This one is in the small bag as the last, a sample pack from that same salesrep, a beer I probably wouldn't seek out on it's own. But, like it, I did, and here come the notes to prove it:


Boulevard 80 Acre Hoppy Wheat Beer, Kansas City, Missouri.

Hazy, pale yellow, leaning on white, under lacy white, soon gone head.

Aromatics: citrus zest and spice, with a distinctive hoppy sheen. Tropical fruit pops up, some pineapple meets the lemon. Very nice. Wish I knew what hops, but I'd guess Amarillo or Centennial.

Taste: Smooth wheaten texture. Medium bodied. Nice, juicy mouthfeel. Mmm, easy, easy drinking, vibrant hoppy flavor.

I'm probably not going to go out of my way for more of this, especially in this season, but next summer, I'd grab some again.

No comments: