Monday, October 1, 2012

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery Palm Buster Blonde Ale


Palmbuster Blonde Ale, Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

"Palm buster"? What kind of name is that? Has something to do with the pakm sugar in the recipe, I'd guess. A lot of other Belgian-y ingredients, too. I forgot to take notes at the pub. Next time.

so, let's look at it. Clear, amber color, small head, gone quick.

Aroma: Sweetness at the start, not just from sugar, but Belgian yeast, as well. Some banana and bubblegum. Nice.

Taste: minor hops, creeping sweetness, crisp malt, lean body. Light, consumable, toasty malt character, with long lasting Belgian flavor. Hop bitterness rides on top, for an interesting interplay.

I liked this, it's an easy drinker, and has adequate flavor, but...adequate only goes so far. Bit lean to really go rah-rah over it. I'll finish my growler and move on.

No comments: