Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Brewery Vivant Triomphe Belgian IPA


Brewery vivant Triomphe Belgian Style India Pale Ale, 6.5% ABV, One Pint. Brewed and canned by Brewery Vivant, Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Appearance: bright sunset orange coloring, gigantic, beautiful white head, leaving lace, softly shifting down. Lookin' good.

Aroma: ah! Gorgeous. Just what I've been waiting for in a Belgian IPA, the exact amount of Belgian yeast aromatics, with just enough hop character. Slightly sour, funky, & wild, with plentiful doses of citrus and pine. A wonderful marriage, bringing to mind many of my favorite hoppy Belgian ales. Juuust right.

Taste: Here it comes again. Refreshing hop bite, followed by easy drinkability. Burst of grapefruit and tangerine, with just a slight amount of bitterness, awash in wild Belgian yeast flavor. Mmmm, this is reminding me of something I can't quite …well, yes I can…but I don't want to put my finger on it, really.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed this quite a bit. My first from Brewery Vivant, hope to try some more out.

Hey let's read the can: "Triomphe i made with a classic Belgian style yeast strain that gives the complexity and slight sweetness you may expect from a Belgian style ale. The beer then reaches deeper providing a smack-down of American grown hops to turn the style on it's head. It has a light caramel color, is strongly bitter, with a fruity citrus aroma."

I wouldn't agree with all of those words. Good thing I brought my own.

No comments: