Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summit Meridian Ale


More of that good ol' introspection before the notes. This one had problems. The first bottle out of the six pack, I hated! Just was not good at all. Struggled through it, wondered how it even got brewed, etc, etc, but wait, this is not how things go in Summit land. They just don't make bad beers. Oh, you can not like one all you want, but it's not going to be bad. Somehow, I got a bad bottle from the first one I pulled from the six pack. Or something. I had a few more that were fine, and sat down to write this:

Summit Union Series Meridian Session Ale, Meridian Hops grown in the USA, Concerto Pale malt grown in the United Kingdom…Belgian-style Session Ale. Limited Edition Craft Brew. 4.5 % Alc by Vol.  32 IBU. Enjoy by 9/28/13.

This is a new one for me. Summit broke from their shell of the same ol' tried and true with the Unchained Series, and now this new Union Series that I don't fully understand. Not sure what the aim is with this. No matter, I'll just step right into it an see what the beer is all about…

Lightly hazed, golden yellow appearance, nice snowy white head, leaving lace.

Aroma: fresh and lively, lightly spicy, slightly fruity, giving the general sense of a wittier. Gorgeous, actually. Mm.

Taste: Hmmm. Pale malt, some wheat? ( not sure…), we've got the fruit and the spice and a little bit of hops. Nice stuff. It's a drinker, plenty of special Belgian-style flavorings. Nicely consumable. Plenty of flavor, plenty of pleasure.

Thanks, Summit, I'll have another.

No comments: