Friday, June 21, 2013

Revolution Rosa Hibiscus Ale


Am I still keeping track of which beers are Chicago beers? The Gumball Head
was bought on the trip, so it's #3, and the Brewery Vivant, though from Michican, was bought in suburban Chicago, so that's #4. Which makes Rosa from Revolution Chicago beer #5. And here we go…

Revolution Rosa Hibiscus Ale. Ale Brewed with Spices. 5.8% ABV. Revolution Beer LLC, Chicago, IL.

Here's one I know I tasted in Chicago last week, didn't have a full glass, but took a sip out of someone else's. They didn't like theirs. I thought it wouldn't hurt to get a can, and try it out for myself.

Hard to describe this color. Rosy, sure. Not quite pink, and not quite red. a lush crimson, quite beautiful. Small, pink head.

Aroma: slightly sweet and floral, but mostly blase' and banal.

Taste: okay, what have we here? Is it a wheat brew? It's light bodied, fairly innocuous, and not without some charm, but not with much. Pleasant, fruity, but missing anything to keep my interest. Clearly, this beer was not meant for me, but it's got to be making someone happy, if they're still brewing it.

Here's how they describe it on the Revolution brewpub menu: "Tart summer ale infused with 20 lbs of Hibiscus flowers and touch of orange pee. Elegantly refreshing and defiantly delicious."

No comments: