Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Brau Brothers ALTernative Imperial Alt


You know what? It's time to drink some Brau Brothers beer. They no longer list their home as Lucan, MN, for they have a new facility in the nearby town of Marshall, MN. This bottle came to me in a sampler pack that held 3 beers I haven't covered for this blog, plus Moo Joos, which I always enjoy. So, let's go ahead and crack open this ALTernative Imperial Alt.

It's a muddy bronze, with ruby edges, and a slim beige head. Looking the part.

Aroma: rich malt hits first, with fruity associations, and a good amount of sweetness. Mild, floral hops. Detectable alcohol presence lurking behind, as well. It's big and complex and it's leading me to drink.

Taste: Imperial Alt is right. Big and beefy, mostly sweetly. Moderate hops, mostly malt, bulging over, mores than the average alt. Lingering sweetness in the finish. It's a meaty one, and I'm digging it.

Here's what they say: "authentic German malt & hops build this ale fermented very cold and allowed to cellar." Alc 8.5% by Vol. 23 IBU.
"Brewed in the Parti-Gyle Tradition." I don't know what that means. But I'm liking the beer.

No comments: