Friday, September 19, 2014

Nebraska Cardinal Pale Ale


Nebraska Cardinal Pale Ale, Nebraska Brewing Company, La Vista, NE. 6% ABV, 48 IBU.

Here's my first entry from this brewery. I've seen their bottles on sale in Wisconsin liquor stores, but the prices that exceed the 25 dollar mark have scared me away. At last, they're here, and they're in cans. And I owe this one to my neighbors at the Beer Dabbler St. Paul event at Midway Stadium, a few weeks ago. I was representing Harriet with Joe and Jody, and at closing time for the festival, some of the other breweries didn't feel like bringing home their leftover wares. Lucky for us, they were giving them away. I never say no to free beer. Especially when cash is short and thirst is long.

Appearance: Clear, bright golden coloring, slim white head.

Aroma: floral, citrus-y hops and nothing but. touch of pine, too. Grapefruit and forest floor, my, oh, my.

Taste: Brisk hop attack up front, with slightly sweet malt flavor just below. Clean, smooth, and delicious. Tasty, tasty hop-kissed goodness, and supreme ease of drinking. Right on the money pale ale, right here. Clean finish. Good beer.

Hey, what's the gobbledygook? Around the neck of the can, the slogan: "World class in every glass." More: "Our pale ale is deep golden in color and characterized by a huge citrus-like aroma, with medium maltiness, and elevated bitterness. Cardinal Pale Ale, the heart of Nebraska Brewing Company, is where it all began so many years ago."

No comments: