Sunday, July 7, 2019

Destihl Hawaii Five Ale

Destihl Hawaii Five Ale.
6.4 % ABV. 13 IBU.
Destihl Brewing, Normal, IL.

Clear, bright golden, ample ring of ivory foam atop.

In the nose: Hmmm. Coconut? Pineapple? Mango? I'm sniffing this without reading the label (and having forgotten what I'd read earlier). Minor hops, not much else.

In the mouth: Sweetness, fruit, tropics. Again, hop bitterness is low, malt is lush, smooth ranks high.

I'll peek at the can. "Blonde Ale with pineapple, coconut, mango, peach & guava. Fruity, juicy, tropical." Well, I got most of them right.

Light bodied, lower alcohol, and a ton of fun. Tasty as heck. It's not the sort of beer I'd normally go for, but I'm liking it.

Our fruity and juicy blonde ale will quickly transport your palate with a taste of paradise. Tropical flavors of pineapple, coconut, mango, peach and guava are balanced by smooth maltiness. One sip and you'll be singing the song of the islands. Aloha! 

No comments: