Saturday, July 27, 2019

Venn Brewing Sticky Icky IPA

Venn Brewing Batch #194: Sticky Icky IPA.
6.3 % ABV. 60 IBU.
Venn Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

So, there I was at Venn and I'm choosing the crowlers I'll take home, scouring the list to make my decision. Emma informs me that they still have Sticky Icky in a crowler, a beer no longer on tap. Okay, I'll take it, though the name sounded familiar. Back in May of last year I had a Sticky Icky, but that was when it was a double IPA. This is that same basic beer, but brewed down to a single IPA.

Clear, amber-hued, slim white head.

In the nose: Bold & bouncy hops. Big time citrus and pine. And more.

In the mouth. Assertive, again. Quite a commotion upon the palate. Juicy malt. Lean bodied. Dankness supreme. Tasty.
This is my kind of IPA. The crowler was emptied in no time. Keep 'em comin'.

Dank, resin, sticky. A single version of Batch #50 Sticky Icky Double IPA, brewed by request for our friends Nate & Ginny's wedding reception. 

Malts: Domestic Pale

Hops: Warrior, Columbus, Idaho 7, Eureka (United States)

Yeast: American Ale

And: a little extra awesome. Congrats Nate & Ginny! 

No comments: