Saturday, November 16, 2019

Surreal Brewing 17 Mile Porter (N/A)

Surreal Brewing 17 Mile Porter.
o.35 % ABV. Crafted and distributed by Surreal Brewing, Campbell, CA.

A while back, I received four samples from this non-alcoholic brewery. They were terrible. Two more to go. Because I have to. This is my promise, this is my quest.

And, who know, maybe this is the one that doesn't suck?

Dark brown, caramel-y colored, tight cocoa-tinted ring of foam above.

In the nose: dusted baker's chocolate...malty...eh...

In the mouth: here we go...and, thud. Just nothing. Joyless. Merest flavor. But, yet, not terrible. Not yet. I could drink this if I were forced to....and yet, I am not, so down the drain it goes. I can't waste time and bladder space on "beers" I just don't enjoy. And, still, I can't really recommend it. Although, why not? It's not awful, but it doesn't supply the pleasures a good porter should. Maybe this is as good as an N/A porter can be? Who can say, I've never had another.

Here are some words from the brewery about it:

17 Mile Porter is complex and delicious. Notes of dark chocolate and roasted coffee are well balanced by earthy hops. It delights the senses with it's deep aroma and pours black with a tan head. 

Pairings: It pairs well with hearty stews, grilled meats, and desserts. Perfect for outdoor adventure during Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer;) 

The artwork on our 17 Mile Porter features the famous Lone Cypress tree which can be found along the California Pacific Coast Highway near Monterey. 

It goes especially well anytime you need a refreshing adult beverage without strings attached.

No comments: