Monday, July 13, 2020

The Brewing Projekt Things Of That Nature: Could Care Less Double IPA

When I saw that the Brewing Projekt had a series of Double IPAs named after common grammatical/spelling errors, my interest was naturally peaked. I was peaked because I saw the price tag. $22.49 for a 4-pack!? There was no way I would of paid that much! Unless, it's dry-hopped with Citra, Houtere and Simcoe! Now, we're talking!

Okay, cracking open a $5+ can of beer, keeping my fingers crossed...

The Brewing Projekt Could Care Less (Things of That Nature Series)
Double NE IPA with Citra, Simcoe and Moutere. 8 % ABV.
The Brewing Projekt, Eau Claire, WI.

Man, is it hazy! Bright golden-is, large white head...it's the paragon of hazies, here, folks.  So hazy!

In the nose: Soft and lovely. A big spread of citrus. Trickles of pine, perhaps. Ultimately pleasant.

In the mouth: Short spank of bitterness on the palate, then just a little juicy, turning dry at the end. Soft and "pillowy" on the mouthfeel. Light bodied, and easily dranked. Citrusy, slightly piney flavors persist throughout. Alcohol slowly creeps in, until...there it is...right on time.

This is tasty. Delicious, even. I approve. But, not $5.62 a can approve. I'm going back to IPAs that aren't crazy expensive.

The Brewing Projekt’s mission is to create damn good beer. Not beer that EVERYONE will like; rather beer that many will love. Boring just isn’t our style. If that’s what you want… Go somewhere else.

No comments: