Sunday, October 18, 2020

Junkyard Retro Ski Suit-Citra

Junkyard Retro Ski Suit-Citra New England style IPA. Brewed with citra, citra, and more citra.

6 % ABV. Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 


Cloudy as can be, bright yellow, slim head. 

In the nose: Nothing but pure sunshine. Bold citrus notes, orange and grapefruit and lemon. 

In the mouth: Bright and lively from the word "go." Brisk, crisp, and bouncing with hops. Juicy enough for anyone's palate. Citrus explosion, with a pinch of pineapple, a glint of guava. Medium bodied, and expertly drinkable. 

Once again, I'm left wishing for more bitterness in this IPA, but I knew what I was getting when I bought it. 

We revamped the recipe this time around to feature all Citra hops. The result is the same pillowy mouthfeel, but with an even juicier finish.

I've always had a problem with that "pillowy" descriptor that people use with the NE IPA style. What did you base that on? When was the last time you ate a pillow? 

No comments: