Monday, October 19, 2020

Rush River Peach/ Pomegranate Berliner Weisse

When I was at River River Brewing Company a few weeks back, the bartender told me that they never pre-fill and stock crowlers. Everything is filled to order. Maybe I should have had him fill me that secret beer that wasn't officially on tap yet and I've forgotten what it was. Instead, I took this one from the cooler that was pre-filled for some reason. And I can't find any mention of it anywhere online. So, I guess I get to add it to the various databases, lucky me. 

So, here we go. 


Peach/Pomegranate Berliner Weisse Ale. 

4.1 % ABV. Rush River Brewing, River Falls, WI.

Clouded, pinkish appearance, no head.

In the nose: Tart hits the nose first, followed by fruit. Pomegranate overpowers peach, so far. 

In the mouth: More tart from the start, with a flash of fruity flavors following. Once in a while, the peach peeks out from amid the pomegranate. Ends clean and quick. Rather mild pucker. Medium bodied. Not a whit sour, and the tart leaves the palate quietly. Fairly refreshing. Tart comes back with each new sip, but never stays for long. 

Not bad. Not great...

No comments: