Friday, October 14, 2022

Arbeiter Wildflyer Coffee Stout


 Arbeiter Wildflyer Coffee Stout.

4.8% ABV, 23 IBU. Arbeiter Brewing, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

It’s time for another phone post, I said to myself, and let’s do it at Arbeiter this time at the release of a new beer. But it’s busy and noisy in here. The coffee shop they collaborated with is having an event and the only seat I could find is the middle of it. Add kids and dogs to the social mix and they are a lot of distractions. I’ll try my best. 

Dark brown color, mostly opaque, slim ring of cocoa-toned foam stands above.

In the nose: earthy, cocoa and coffee, bittersweet.

In the mouth: bit of hops up front, then malt takes command. A bit of coffee sweetness to match the grit. Berries and nuts grace the palate. Medium bodied, smooth and delightfully drinkable. 

I like a good coffee stout and this is surely one. 

A collaborative stout made with a special Arbeiter blend of coffee from our friends at Wildflyer Coffee. Made with cold press coffee, this stout will give you that late-fest jolt!

No comments: