Sunday, October 2, 2022

56 Epic Duel Sultana DDH Double IPA

 56 Epic Duel Sultana DDH Double IPA. 

7.5% ABV, 48 IBU. 56 Brewing, Minneapolis, Minnesota.


Don’t I usually avoid the hazies? Yes, somehow I tricked myself into buying this one. Also, it doesn’t admit that it is a hazy anywhere on the label. They don’t have to tell you, you know. Also, I will admit that  I probably should have tackled this one months ago. On we go. 

Bright golden color and strictly unclear, large and lasting ivory head.

In the nose: soft, subtle, citrusy. Faint lemony grapefruit.

In the mouth: starts off with a bitter bite and an early onset of alcoholic heat. (A mere 7.5% ABV) Gets a little bit juicy, while the bitterness lingers on the palate. A little stone fruit and just a twist of tropical adds to the melange. Medium bodied, long lasting bitterness, never ending hop flavors.

I’m still missing the crisp and the clean, as well as a bigger blast of bitterness that I expect from a DIPA, but this was not too shabby.

Double dry hopped double IPA single hopped with Sultana. 

THE EPIC HOP DUEL OF OUR AGE IS IMMINENT. TEST THE MAGIC OF HOP AGAINST HOP IN THIS DOUBLE DRY-HOPPED SHOWDOWN. WHICH VARIETAL WILL STAND VICTORIOUS? IT IS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE.

No comments: