Sunday, October 23, 2022

Goose Island Secret Beer Hug No. 1 Hazy IPA

 

Goose Island Secret Beer Hug No. 1 Hazy IPA. Umbrella drinks in a can. (Says the can.)

6.5% ABV, Goose Island Beer Co., Chicago, Illinois.(and elsewhere)

Look at me, reviewing another hazy. This one came in a Beer Hug variety pack. I drink variety pack more often, and base my buying on how many hazies they stick you with. All hazies? No thanks! 

Lightly clouded, orange/golden hue, slim white cap.

In the nose: soft, sweet, floral. Touch of tropical. Lovely.

In the mouth: citrus splash on the palate, brief burst of bitterness, then mellow gold. Intriguing mix of bitter and sweet going on. A little harsh bitterness hangs in the pack, nut nothing that will ever bother me. 

Medium bodied, easy drinking. As Krusty the Clown would say, “I don’t mind the taste!”


Classified Hazy IPA described as being "Umbrella Drinks in a Can"


No comments: