Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Half Acre Magic Power IPA,

 Half Acre Magic Power IPA.

6.3% ABV. Half Acre Brewing, Chicago, Illinois.


Lightly hazed, bright golden hue, slim, but lasting, milky white foam atop.

In the nose: the general aggregate of citrus and pine, nothing really stands out, though it is bold and pleasant.

In the mouth: orange zest and peel, with a twist of grapefruit. Some bitterness, but it smooth smooth out far too soon. And there’s a bit of muck in the mouthfeel. Too much muck. Or murk, whatever they want to call it these days. No crisp, no clean, like I expect in a good IPA. 

I got fooled by Half Acre again, another hazy under the radar. When I don’t see that word, I think maybe there’s a chance. I dream, I hope, but I never pray. 

If you’re into the haze craze, you’ll like this. I’m just disappointed. I’m going to buy some Daisy Cutter, next.

Comforting hazy IPA brewed with experimental hop HBC 630 for a soft mouthfeel and balanced bitterness with a touch of sweet caramel malt, ripe berry, pineapple, and spruce.

No comments: