Monday, December 26, 2022

Back Channel District 5 New England India Pale Ale

 Back Channel District 5 New England India Pale Ale.

6.25% ABV.Brewed on the shores of Lake Minnetonka by Back Channel Brewing, Spring Park, Minnesota. 

And here we have the first appearance in the Nib of the Back Channel Brewing Company of Spring Park, Minnesota. I have not yet had the opportunity to visit their taproom, and they have only lately joined the ranks of local beers on the shelves at the store where I work. Until recently, they only sent us New England IPAs, which I do not buy. Then, at last, something new: a rice lager, which I will neither purchase nor drink. And I will now try them for the first time, a hazy, because I got it for free. 

And here I am without a bowl.

Drab orange, all hazed out, large, milk white head.

In the nose: big time citrus, orange aplenty, some tangerine, touch of tropical.

In the mouth: lightly bitterness, with moderate hop flavors on the palate. Lacks any real zing, though, or zazz. Just kind of lays there. Medium bodied, easy drinking. Maybe too easy. 

I’m hoping the rest of their IPAs are better than this. They have to be, with the reputation they’ve garnered. Or maybe I’m so against the style that stuff like this will never impress me? 

Melon // Ripe Stone Fruit // Agave Nectar

No comments: