Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Dual Citizen Dreaming with our Heads Cut Off IPA


 Dual Citizen Dreaming with our Heads Cut Off. Pacific NW IPA.

7% ABV. 72 IBU. Dual Citizen Brewing, St. Paul, Minnesota.

And here we have the first Dual Citizen beer in the Nib in a can. I’ve had plenty of opportunities to buy some of their canned beers, just never felt compelled to do so. This one came to me as a free sample, and was never for sale at the store, perhaps because of the terrible name.

Clear, amber hued, slim off-white head.

In the nose: slightly citrusy. Mellow fruity notes. 

In the mouth: huh. What is this? Vaguely...chocolatey? Earthy. Mostly malty. Gets a little juicy. Little hop bitterness. Doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be. It’s a decent enough IPA, but doesn’t stand out. I don’t mind it, but that’s as far as we go with this one. Am I being harsh? Not too. 

Orange in hue with a creamy off-white head. Aromas of grapefruit, burnt orange peel, and slight pine notes towards the end from Centennial hops. Medium body with layers of hops coating the palate gives way to a hoppy clean finish.

Edit: I am drinking a fresher can in 2023 and am more satisfied this time. I must have an aged an off version when I wrote the above.


No comments: