Friday, November 16, 2012

Minneapolis Town Hall 15th Anniversary I.P.A.


Fifteen years of Town Hall. Wow. That means 10 years of me patronizing them. (I still don't know what kept me from stopping in from 1997-2002. I think I just wasn't into brewpubs yet. Didn't trust them.)

So, here's the anniversary IPA made specially for this occasion. I scribbled these notes on it's ingredients: 15 year IPA…american double ipa, 9.4%, Centennial, Simcoe, Experimental  342, Nlson, columbus, with  mn basswood honey

Now, let's check this out…

Beautiful amber coloring, darker, close to crimson, with a smallish head.

Aroma: Ah! Gorgeous. Every kind of citric fruit is dropped into this, there's pineapple and mango and tangerine and orange. Bright and sunny, ebullient, even. Stunning.

Taste: Yow! That is some zippy, zesty stuff right there. A thorough blast of citrus fruit, pine, and more, an incredible blast of everything available from the hops at hand. Everything from the nose returns on the tongue. Multitudes of fruit, citric and tropical, bitter blasts of pine, and exceptional doses of sweetness. The honey, possible added for fermentable sugars and raising the alcohol really shines through. This was utterly delicious, and was one of the most enjoyable beers I've had in quite some time.

I enjoyed this one over the course of two nights. (If I'd downed it in one night, I'd be useless the next day.) Went back for more the next Tuesday, and, sadly, growlers were gone, but I got to enjoy more on tap. Here's to 15 more!

No comments: