Sunday, November 18, 2012

O'so Hop Whoopin' I.P.A.


O'so Hop Whoopin' IPA. Once again, the label is a string of of words and phrases which may, or may not, have something to do with the beer inside. This string of seeming non-sequitors could render my notes obsolete. So, I will dispense with them until I've done my thing. And, away…

Clear. Bright. Yellow. Small head.

Piney. Sticky. Lemon, orange, pithy, resinous.

Bracing, puckering, bitter/sour intensity. Citric assault. Oncoming alcohol assault.

And yet…and yet…ah, it tries, but misses the mark. Seems to be a something I often find in the O'so beers. They come close, but don't quite hit it. Sometimes, though, close is good enough.

Let's list those words now: "S.M.A.S.H. {???} . 95 IBU. Intense. Freakish. Obnoxious. Excessive.Deranged."

What?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

S.M.A.S.H. = Single Malt And Single Hop