Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ommegang Rare Vos Amber Ale


So, here I am in November of 2012, tapping Ommegang Rare Vos at my bar for the first time, and I look back on my old notes to find only notes on some bottles that were Cave-aged available for view. This was way back in July, 2003, and I am going to share those notes with you now, but without any reference to the cave-aging, and what-have-you. I think it stands on it's own.
So, here's Rare Vos, the Belgian-style amber ale from Brewery Ommegang:

Pale orangeish color, good-sized creamy head..aroma is fresh, yeasty, fruity, uplifting, and more character shines through, more sweet, candyish, even...distinctly sugary, and the perfect profile for a Belgian-style ale bent on delivering deliciousness.

Oh, yum...oh, delicious...thick, fruity, ...heavenly, chock full o' sweetness...malt, hops in perfect alignment to produce a divinely candyish, magnificent dessert beer...or dinner beer...or Happy-to-Be-Alive-Beer (and who doesn't need a copious amount of these?)

Wonderful mouthfeel, dazzling hops...my appreciation continues to grow...bright fruit flavors continue, peach, apricot...
... a really nice beer...really, really nice...mmmmn, did I say nice? I meant niiiiiiice!

No comments: