Saturday, December 13, 2014

Goose Island Festivity Ale


Goose Island Festivity Ale. This one is so brand new to me, I've never heard of it before. I knew they made a Christmas Ale, which I haven't had in years. And now there's this…what is this?

Appearance: dark, dusky brown coloring, rich, creamy off-white head, leaving a little lace. Likable.

Aroma: soft, nutty, a little herbal, smooth, and sweet. Malt-forward and utterly likable.

Taste: Hmm….Mmmm. Caramel malt notes dominate. (It's a caramel bomb!) Toasty and sweet, toffee-ish. Medium body, long, sweet finish. Very mellow, though the 7.7% ABV is slowly starting to creep up on me. This really falls in with what I'd want from a holiday ale. Malt-tastic. (It's a malt bomb!)

Let's read the label together, shall we? IBU 50 Rating. (?) Brown Ale, Caramel and Dark fruit malt flavors swirl inside a creamy toasty brown ale. 7.7% ABV. "Serve in a nonic pint." Well, I used a shaker, sorry. No more gobbledygook.

All in all, I like it just fine. Couldn't drink more than a couple, though. Steers a little too sweet.

No comments: