Saturday, December 20, 2014

Harriet Sooner or Later Belgian Blonde Ale


Sooner Or Later Belgian Blonde. Harriet Brewing Company. Further information unknown. (???)

Here we have the first Harriet beer review at the bitter nib from a growler, without the growler in the picture. Why? Because Harriet is one of the few breweries to take advantage of the change in Minnesota's laws that allow a brewery to fill a growler of beer from any other brewery, not just their own. (Eastlake is another doing so.) Before I returned all my Harriet growlers, I had…get this: 52. Now I'm down to 48. I think I still have a world record. Prove me wrong.

Appearance: lightly hazed, bright golden hue, slim white head.

Aroma: Sweet, fruity nose, followed by Belgian yeast. Floral notes, candy sugar.

Taste: Enters the palate clean and easy, neat as a pin. Lots of citrus and a little spice. I'll say "clean" again, 'cause that's what it is. Dry finish. Light body. Tastes like nothing else but a note perfect rendition of the style, which is what Harriet really does well. Spicy, fruity, lean and clean. Not bad at all.

No comments: